Processing of Users’ Personal Data
Terms of processing of Users’ Personal Data
We collect and use the Personal Data that are voluntarily provided to Us by Users. These data are required to place an Order and to receive information from Us by e-mail concerning products that are identical or similar to those purchased by Users.
The personal data and information provided by Users must be true and accurate and must be updated where necessary to ensure that they remain accurate and exhaustive.
We collect and process Users’ Personal Data in a fair and lawful manner and with respect for Users’ rights, in our capacity as data controller.
Processing enables Us to manage orders for D’Orsay products that are placed on our Website, to provide updates on our company and products by e-mail, to canvas existing customers and prospects, and to analyse Website traffic.
We never transfer or sell Users’ Personal Data to third parties other than in the cases referred to below.
Types of Personal Data collected by D’Orsay
We may process the following types of Personal Data: your first name, surname, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (optional) and IP address.
Protection, retention and erasure of Personal Data
The Personal Data provided by Users are hosted by 34SP in Manchester (United Kingdom).
You may ask Us to close your Account at any time, in which case We will erase all of your Personal Data and You will not be able to place any further Orders.
Your Account will be deleted within two (2) months of your request to that effect.
We will retain your Personal Data for up to five (5) years following the closure of your Account.
We may send You e-mails at the address linked to your Account to inform You of changes to our Website, Products or activities and to send You technical or administrative information.
You will not receive e-mails from any of our affiliates or partners without your consent.
You may ask Us at any time to stop sending You marketing literature by post or e-mail, by following the instructions attached to a specific promotion. If You have an Account, You may also choose not to receive post or e-mails by configuring your Account accordingly.
Personal Data transfers
We may transfer your Personal Data to our service providers such as WordPress 4.9.6 for data export and erasure purposes, and to PayPal, Cyperplus and Woocommerce for online payments.
We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law, a court or an authority.
Users’ rights to their Personal Data
In accordance with data protection legislation and regulations, We hereby inform You that You have a right to access and amend the Personal Data We collect from You for processing, to object to the processing and request the erasure of such data – on the understanding that if your Personal Data are erased, your Account will be closed – and to receive your Personal Data in a structured and readable format (where reasonably possible). You may also lodge a complaint with a regulator and make a digital will.
You may exercise your rights by sending an e-mail to [email protected] or by writing to Us at the following address: D’Orsay, 21 Rue de Marignan, 75008 Paris (France).
A cookie is a file that may be stored on your hard drive whilst You are browsing our Website. These small files may, for example, contain your basket and preferences.
We may store cookies on your device to provide You with an optimal browsing experience, record your profile, store your basket for one (1) month, restore your preferences when You log in on your usual device, determine the Products You have browsed or purchased and prepare statistics.
The cookies We use
We use the following cookies:
- browser cookies, i.e. cookies that enable core Website functionality, as they optimise the display of content on each User’s device;
- functional cookies, i.e. cookies that are not essential for the Website to work but that optimise your experience on our Website by allowing Us to identify You and retrieve your basket;
- analytical cookies, i.e. cookies that allow Us to track your use of the Website in order to optimise it. We notably track the number of visitors to our Website, where they come from and details of the pages viewed. This information helps Us to improve the Website, your shopping experience and our campaigns. We use Google Analytics provided by Google Inc., an analytics service provider, for the following purposes:
- to collect the following data: the origin of connexions (internet service providers), the type and version of your browser, the language of your browser, the length of time You browse our Website, your IP address, etc.;
- to store cookies on Users’ devices in order to keep track of visitors to the Website. The data generated by cookies are provided by Google Inc. and hosted on servers in the US. Google Inc. will use these data in order to assess usage of the Website but will not match a User’s IP address with any other data held by Google Inc. Google Inc. may forward these data to third parties if legally required to do so or if a third party processes data on its behalf. More information is available on the following website: http://www.google.com/intl/fr/policies/privacy/; and
- marketing, targeting and third party cookies, i.e. cookies used to send marketing messages to Users based on their browsing history. Third party cookies are those sent by our trusted partners.
You must consent to cookies being stored on your device by clicking on the designated banner when You log into the Website.
Cookies used to trace Users and obtain their IP address are stored for a maximum of thirteen (13) months from the day they are first stored on a User’s device.
You may configure your browser to delete cookies from your device at any time and to object to them being stored on your device. Please refer to the Help section of your browser in order to configure your browser accordingly. You must however accept cookies in order to browse our Website.
Traffic data are generated when You access the internet and our Website.
These data may be used for statistical purposes to enable Us to analyse traffic on our Website and improve it by adapting it to Users’ requirements. We only ever use traffic data anonymously.